Custom PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) patches are primarily made for harsh outdoor use for the military Army naval or Marine Corps. There are various kinds of PVC patch maker machines to make Custom PVC patches. These patches can be virtually molded in various shapes and colors. These patches are made of soft and flexible rubber via a silicone rubber patch-making machine suitable for fine detailing and lettering. Let’s get into how to make PVC patches with ease?
How to Make PVC Patches?
A PVC Patch is a garment accessory similar to an embroidered patch. However, the substantial difference between the two patches is that where an embroidered patch is made using multiple strands of threads. On the other hand, a PVC patch is made with Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). PVC Patches are soft, durable, flexible, and waterproof.PVC Patches are made with a base color added into soft PVC molds and further added layers to create unique shapes and designs. It means that your PVC Patch shape, size, and design depend on the uniqueness of the mold.
How to make PVC Patches: A step by step guide
PVC Patches can come in various shapes, sizes, colors, and dimensions according to your desire! Before customizing a PVC Patch, you need to consider the following factors given below:
Design your unique PVC patch
- Design: You must first design the patch
- Shape: The patch can be made round, rectangular, or any different shape
- 2D vs. 3D: 2D design gives a relatively flat touch, while 3D offers a more sculptured look.
- Size: There are no limits in size; however, to specify, the range of PVC Patch goes between 0.5-15 inches – round patches range between 3-3.5 inches – standard flat patches have a range around 3×2 inches.
- Colors and Borders: No limits in colors and styles. They can be changed!
- Each color change should be solid visible on the design and without any gradients.
- Additionally, you can also choose your PVC Backing for the patches. These backings allow the patches to attach to the fabric.
How to Make PVC Patch Mold?
After designing your PVC patch, it’s time to create a metallic mold for your PVC patches. We will tell you the how-to-do process:
Make a Metallic Mold for your PVC Patches
PVC Patches are created according to a specific design provided by the clients. However, each design requires a different type of metal mold. These metal molds are engraved via a CNC engraving machine. Later, when molds are ready, they are provided a finished detail and further made smooth and polished via a special chemical so that the patches look neat and well-shaped and come out quickly without any cracks.
The metal mold is ready, and now it turns to add layers of liquid PVC into the first layer of your artwork. Once the layer is injected, let it bake to get dry. Once all the layers of your design are injected, the base layer is poured and baked to dry. The mold is now baked so that the PVC liquid gets dry and changes into solid.
After the baking process is completed, the mold is trimmed to remove the excess PVC liquid. A neat and perfect patch is ready to cut out of the mold.
How to Make a Velcro Patch?
Earlier, we learn how to make PVC Patches. Now we will see what is a PVC Velcro Patch?
A PVC Velcro Patch is also known as moral, military, or tactical patches. These patches are made with highly durable material to resist extreme weather conditions such as snow, wet and mud, etc. These patches are best because they are unblemished in unsustainable environments, and their design lasts for a long. It also resists any hard stains like paintballs.
So do you want to make Velcro patches for your clothing bags and other wearable items? We have come along with some helpful tips so that you can customize your own style statement with Velcro patches. Let’s do it!
Materials You Need:
Three Easy Steps to Make a Velcro Patch
- Cut the Velcro in the size you need. You can also cut both sides of Velcro in a pair.
- Peel off the backing of the adhesive. Now stick Velcro on both the accessory/clothing and the patch.
- Now attach the two pieces. Velcro will stick them together, and your Velcro patch is ready!
What is a Morale Patch?
The military uses a Morale patch to create camaraderie or closeness within a unit or brigade. These patches can be customized with unidentical insignia expressions or images to represent a group or make the group members unique.
How to Manufacture a PVC Morale Patch Using Soft Rubber?
Morale Patches are used by the military departments, police, and firefighters, so they must be made of waterproof resistant, durable and flexible. Morale patches made of rubber are perfect for use. The soft rubber appearance can also be attached with Velcro glue or a sew-in track. These morale patches are manufactured via a PVC morale patch machine.
What does the PVC Patch Cost?
The custom military PVC Patches are custom-molded flexible, and light-weighted. Different patches cost differently depending upon the size of your patch by adding the Length + Width and then dividing it by 2. Other pricing factors include:
- Pricing is per patch
- Pricing is for 2-D with up to 3 colors
- For hook backing, add 60¢ for each
- For hook-and-loop backing, add 90¢ for each